Your tax dollars paid for this: Obamacare, The Game!
From the “Learn More” section (I swear this isn’t a parody site). My comments are in italics.
- Improving private market reforms including ending lifetime and most annual limits for health insurance coverage, increasing transparency about how insurers use consumer’s premium dollars and eliminating discrimination by insurers based on an individual’s pre-existing conditions. (Anyone who expects “Increased transparency” from the administration that brought you the NSA and IRS scandal needs medication, and this is just the site to help you get the Xanax you need!).
- Strengthening the U.S. safety-net and public health benefits programs, including investments in primary care provider training and placements, expansion of public health coverage to more low-income Americans and investments in community health centers. (If by “strengthening” they mean “start a death spiral“, then this is correct.).
- Creating new insurance marketplaces in each state, known as Exchanges. These competitive marketplaces will provide individuals and small businesses protections when buying their insurance, including defining what services plans have to cover so people can make an apples-to-apples comparison of plans when shopping. The exchanges will also help lower and middle class Americans without insurance cover the costs of their insurance with federal subsidies. (New marketplaces… that don’t work, and probably never will.).
- Helping young adults access health insurance coverage by allowing them to stay on their parents’ plans until they turn 26. Five hundred thousand more young adults have health insurance coverage because of this provision as of September 2011. (Unfortunately, because of the increased costs to businesses, none of them have jobs to pay for their new coverage. Whoops.)
- Investing in projects and programs to reduce wasteful spending and fraud in the nation’s public programs, including Medicaid and Medicare. ($640 Million for a website, and they talk about “wasteful spending”. Uh huh.).
- Providing help to small businesses with lower income employees in the form of a tax credit for those who provide insurance to their employees. (By going out of business and/or tossing them into exchanges that don’t work. Thanks, Obamacare!).
I swear, who needs drugs, when reality itself is this messed up?
Comments are closed here.