Did you know that it has been three and half years since the Senate has approved a budget?
Yeah, the Legacy Media has really kept you informed about that haven’t they?
A lot of things that have happened since April 29th, 2009. Here is a quick trip down memory lane with some examples of events that have taken place since the Senate last approved a budget:
- Chrysler files bankruptcy
- GM files bankruptcy
- Air France Flight 447 crashes off Brazil
- All US television stations switch from NTSC to ATSC (high definition)
- Rio de Janeiro selected for the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Ft. Hood Massacre (a terrorist attack) takes place
- First flight of the Boeing 787
- Haitian earthquake
- Saints win Superbowl
- Deepwater Horizon disaster takes place in the Gulf of Mexico
- Operation Iraqi Freedom ends
- Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy repealed
- Republican Party retakes control of the US House of Representatives
- Brett Favre retires
- Tucson shootings took place
- Egyptian Revolution begins
- Final launch of Space Shuttle Discovery
- 9.0 Earthquake strikes Japan
- Osama Bin Laden killed by US Navy SEALs
- Silvio Berlusconi resigns as Prime Minister of Italy
2012 (so far)
- Summer Olympics held in London
- Vladimir Putin wins Russian presidential election (again)
- Encyclopedia Britannica announces that it will no longer public printed versions of its encyclopedia
- Greek Parliament votes in favor of an international bailout deal
Of course there is the matter of Article I, Section 9 of the US Constitution but that’s another matter for another post.
Comments are closed here.