Diagram 1 illustrates how the Summer 2008 battle was won.
1. With a token force, Gen. McCain taunts Obama as an lightweight, celebrity elitist.
2. After some hesitation, Lt. Obama orders the entire Democratic Army to attack McCain’s forces, focusing on his many homes.
3. McCain’s small force rapidly retreats towards his Arlington condo with Obama’s army in fevered pursuit.
4. McCain attacks Obama’s exposed left flank with the savage Rezko-Mansion division.
5. At the same time, McCain irregulars attack Obama’s exposed right flank led by the Ayers Bombadiers.
Then of course, McCain’s main force turns back around to rejoin the battle.
Even at this early stage, every West Point plebe could see that the day belonged to Gen. McCain’s Republican Guard. If Lt. Obama had read more about Cannae, Marathon, Cowpens, etc., he might have been better prepared for the obvious pincer movement Gen. McCain had planned all along.
UPDATE 2: Great addition from reader Mark J…
Comment by Gen. McCain overheard by his staff: “Obama, you magnificent bastard, I read BOTH your books!”